Unexpected popularity TinyRSS.ru

When I wrote previous article, I did not expect such a huge interest from the community Habra. It seemed to me that a maximum of two hundred people interested in the service TinyRSS.ru. Meanwhile, at the moment, the service has registered more than 5 thousand people! This interest was a big surprise and what's more, to this I was not ready. A few days after posting the article, the service came down from gebrettert, and after two weeks it trained his DDoS bots. I had to rent a dedicated server, exclusively for the service, and then rent another server that is more powerful.

/ > Also many days I spent on the optimization server so that it could withstand the influx of applicants. At the moment on the server I completely gave up on apache and instead successfully running nginx+php-fpm and uses only solid state drives (4).

There are problems that have not yet been solved. For example, everyone's favorite LiveJournal has several times blocked the IP of my server, for too often referring to their service. This problem is not resolved. Alternatively, see the solution to this problem is to use a proxy when you access their servers. If you have any ideas how to solve this problem, please unsubscribe in the comments.

In this post, I would also like to thank the people who supported the project financially. Thanks to you, managed to rent a powerful new server that currently works successfully. Thank you very much! And on the advice of Igor considered the option of opening a paid subscription (and free version) to ensure the proper quality of service, as unfortunately donate does not cover all expenses.

And as always I am open for your suggestions for improving the service and as their forces will try to implement them.

UPD. Several people asked me for a link to the "wish list in the clear" and the page Donate. How would these two links have to log into the service, but I duplicate them here:
1) List of requests and suggestions;
2) Donate page.
Article based on information from habrahabr.ru

Популярные сообщения из этого блога

Approval of WSUS updates: import, export, copy

The Hilbert curve vs. Z-order

Configuring a C++ project in Eclipse for example SFML application