Dissection of a startup

Regularly reading Habr, I have noticed that very few articles written about Analytics development services and the logic of building startups. I believe that to raise this kind of topic is very useful for abrasheva.

I have a lot of posts I read about startups. All told about opportunities, some indicators, methods of monetization prospects, but none I couldn't follow the logic that guided the team in developing the project.

Although, I think the logic of thinking to start-UPS much more interesting, because it reflects what is in the mind of the developer, not some qualitative characteristics of the product.

Soon will be the official launch of our project, and I want to share with you the logic that I had in mind in creating and developing the idea.

I think this post will be more useful for those who want to do something, as well as a description of the operation of the engine and some technical solutions in the development of the car is much more useful for engineers it the parameters specified in the brochures.

So, I decided to make some kind of blog-platform/media. And the platforms on which you run your blog on the Internet great variety. I had to come up with something special.

Using social networking, I've noticed a trend, which easily can be tracked by comparing the sites Vkontakte and Twitter.

VKontakte most of the time (less time viewing video and listening to audio) the user spends in the service messages.

I have many friends in different cities, and I several times a day to tell me how I was doing.

On Twitter it's much easier, I tell my case to all who are interested. The interest of its users show by becoming my followers.

And very much felt the desire of many users to broadcast information to a wide audience.

In other words, people tend to become mass media.

Vkontakte — a service created to communicate with people you know. The team is making considerable efforts to appear on your website bloggers (made subscribers, withheld information, raising the wall), but still blogging Vkontakte uncomfortable.

Twitter also used the blog platform because it is a service of microblogging. Photos and videos are opened by clicking on the link, there is no way to write a post in the feed pop up mentioning. Twitter more like a chat.

LJ is obsolete. Is formed top authors and popular bloggers to be very difficult. No instruments for the promotion account. Even if I write lyrics very good quality, I don't know.

So, make the service convenient for people who wish to gain a large audience of subscribers.

The first thing I thought — the quality of the content. I want to see only interesting to me posts.

VKontakte users are mostly repeaters of content, not the translators (authors).

Few would deal with a census of photos from the barbecue, but the fun people relay with pleasure.

In the end, my news page is full of demotivators, jokes and feyspalm, they possess a viral effect.

So I decided that on our blog-the platform should not be a census.

The absence of a census it also increases the importance of the author in the eyes of the subscriber. A good example of this fact is Instagram.

In addition, we will not comment, as in social networks, because 99% of reviews to read is not interesting, they are annoying. ( Habr is an exception, because it is a restricted subject self-regulated social network.) We're doing a service for a mass audience, where it is difficult to adjust the content.

As a possible alternative to review, I came up with questions, which performs three functions (it is Worth noting that this idea has not been implemented and approved)
1. The user who read the post, can I ask you a question. If the author of the question seems interesting, he will answer it and the question will be displayed under the post. Therefore, the author will be the moderator of content on your post.

2. The user can ask an open question to another user (the number of questions per day you can limit). This can be interesting famous people and their fans.

3. The system may ask the user questions.

Example:
“What areas of music you like: rock, rap, pop, classical?”
Having received the answer, “rock”, the system asks clarifying questions:
What kind of rock do you like more: foreign or domestic?
And then a question directly about a rock band. Of course, will be able to give your answer.

This opportunity will allow you to search for friends by interest and narrowly target ads, and subsequently create appropriate content to the most popular interests of users.

For example, someone will write about Pugachev. All to whom it is interesting, will automatically receive information about it.

As development. For example, I live in Nizhny Novgorod and listen to the band “Chaif”, I have to tape surfaced post “Chaif in your city there, at this time”.

Of course, it provides a great opportunity for monetization.


In our system (at least for now) will not service messages. On many sites this service is implemented very well and we don't make much sense to duplicate it.

In addition, we are interested in so that the user wrote the content available to your audience, not to individuals.

But by using the service, I realized that I sometimes like to respond to the posts of friends and we made the opportunity.

If I and nick each other signed, you will have the option to “Reply”. I can respond to the publication If, and Kohl's can answer me. These answers will be visible only to us, and I can only once to respond to his post, and he can one reply to my answer. This is done so that the tape does not turn into a chat.

We decided to make the main page on which will be posts selected by the moderators.

That is, the user, in addition to the ribbon, which displays the posts of those who signed it, has the ability to read the tape from the posts of authors who seemed to us interesting.

In addition, each user will have a rating that depends on the activity on the site and the number of subscribers.

Thus, the contact position of the user on the main page leads to the increase in the number of subscribers and rating.

Also have an idea that has not yet been approved.

There is a page of search users. Later will have the opportunity to make a selection of people according to various criteria: city, gender, age, etc.

On this page there is a special placement.

Having achieved a certain rating, users will receive bonuses and will be able to buy time in the special placement. Probably the highest position you can pay not only bonuses.

Another very important point — privacy.

No one will be able to find out who you signed. Will not mail notifications like: “you signed Masha”

This will save the website from misspelling and SMM providers.

The major task of our service selection from the total mass of the sponsors of the most talented and interesting, and the formation of a free media with a wide audience, adaptable, personalized for each user.

I am very interested to know your opinion on the concept and hear thoughts about what you are missing on the Internet.

If anyone has any questions, I will try to be deployed to answer them.
Article based on information from habrahabr.ru

Популярные сообщения из этого блога

Approval of WSUS updates: import, export, copy

The Hilbert curve vs. Z-order

Configuring a C++ project in Eclipse for example SFML application